Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Some Craft Show Tips

Just a short post today, I'm preparing to do two art fairs in two weeks so I'm incredibly busy. Since I'm working on the show preparations I thought I'd share some ideas to make shows go smoother.
  • If you're selling jewelry or other wearables have a mirror handy, people want to see how something will look on them.
  • Prepare your packaging ahead of time. I've pre-filled paper bags with my brochure and a business card, the fabric gift bags I use all have a little bit of tulle stuffed inside, and I have pieces of bubblewrap cut to the sizes I use most. I can pack up a sale in just a few seconds.
  • Have a full cooler of stuff to eat and drink, especially lots of fluids so you don't get dehydrated on a hot day.
  • Do a test run setting up your display, take your time to work out the details so the day of the show you can set up quickly.
  • Take note of important locations for your own use and to give directions. Bathrooms of course, also the location of the organizers, food vendors, and the nearest ATM. Hopefully you won't need them but also find out where security and/or medical personnel are.
  • If the show is likely to have parents with children in tow, consider having some small items like bookmarks for $1 that kids can buy for themselves. You won't make much money off them but it's worth it for the smiles.

No comments:

Post a Comment